5 CBD Recipes to Try with Your Favorite Food or Drinks
Do you want to try CBD for the first time?
You’re not alone. In fact, there are more than 40 million Americans who have never tried CBD before. But we think it’s worth trying if you’ve been curious about how cannabinoids can help your health and wellness goals. And now is an exciting time to start because CBD is becoming so popular that it's easier than ever to find products and brands that work for you.
We know it can be overwhelming when shopping around for the first time, which is why we created this guide of our favorite CBD recipes that you can try at home! They're all easy to make, with ingredients readily available at most grocery stores or online retailers. No matter where you live, these recipes will make getting started on your journey towards better health simple and fun!
Trying CBD oil with your favorite food or drinks instead of taking it as a separate supplement can be an ideal choice, particularly if you are a first timer. Check our top CBD recipes to get started today.
'CBD Edibles' are foods or drinks that include a serving of CBD, which is usually derived from the hemp plant. CBD, unlike cannabis edibles, has little to no THC content. Instead, it may improve your health and well-being while also maintaining your mental clarity.
If you consume CBD daily, there's a lot it might help you with. It may assist you in coping with severe anxiety, combating depression and other mental ailments, focusing better, treating acne, improving sleep quality and quantity, as well as preventing severe illnesses in the future.
Many individuals, however, dislike the flavor of CBD. They're intrigued by CBD's potential, but they don't like putting the oil under their tongues while it goes into their mucous membranes. That is why CBD-infused snacks are so appealing.
If you want to enjoy CBD in a more flavorful manner, consider CBD-rich foods. When you consume CBD in this form, the concentration of CBD is lower. The absorption rate is slower because it must go through your digestive system and stomach acids break down much of the CBD and many other enzymes. Edibles baked, cooked, or fried in high heat can have a diminished strength since the enzymes are destroyed.
Good to know before trying CBD Infused Food
Below are some helpful hints for using CBD oil in your baking and cooking:
- For optimum effects, combine CBD oil with high-fat content. CBD's bioavailability is higher when combined with high-fat diets, according to studies. For instance, if you combine your CBD oil with coconut oil, olive oil, or butter, the bioavailability rate increases by four to five times.
- It's essential to keep CBD oil below the temperature of 295°F when heating it. Cannabinoids are destroyed at temperatures of over 295°F. Cannabidiol should not be used in high-heat cooking. Use it to garnish salads, top off dinner with it drizzled over the top, or add it to the sauce after coming off the heat.
- You can safely add CBD to baked goods without causing any damage. Making your own cannabidiol edibles is much fun if you enjoy making homemade sweet items. You can share them with your friends and family as well. After you've removed your mixture from the oven, add CBD oil tincture drops directly to a batch of no-bake cookies or fudge. You can also blend CBD tincture drops into whipped cream or frosting and use them on cakes, cupcakes, and fresh pies.
- Keep track of the CBD dosage to serving size ratio. Let's say you want to try CBD with your favorite soup. If the soup recipe makes four servings, you might want to put your desired CBD dose in one of them instead of four. By doing this, you'll know exactly how much CBD you're receiving and can reheat leftovers without harming the active cannabinoids.
➤ Sweet CBD Recipes
Sweet tooth cravings are the most common type of food craving that we hear about. In the following section, we'll look at some CBD-rich meals that will provide you with the advantages of CBD while also satisfying your sweet tooth.
1. CBD Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Let's start our list with some delicious CBD recipes. CBD chocolate chip cookies use coconut oil along with CBD oil. These cookies are a delight to eat, thanks in part to the chocolate chips and almond butter. Furthermore, because the recipe uses grain-free flour, all the components are gluten-free.
By: Kale Junkie
- ½ cup almond butter
- 90mL melted CBD coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- A cup of almond flour
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- A tsp of baking soda
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- Use parchment paper in the pan or spread a few drops of oil evenly if you don't have parchment paper.
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned above in a bowl.
- Add chocolate chips and gently fold them in the mixture using the spatula.
- Start baking them in an oven pre-heated at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake them for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Take them out, cool down, and divide them into appropriate sizes.
2. CBD Chocolate Latte
This cocktail is a wonderful substitute for coffee for people who are active throughout the day. Combine unsweetened milk and raw cocoa powder with full-spectrum CBD oil for a relaxing drink to offer all of CBD's advantages to your body.
By: Mind Body Green
- A cup of unsweetened milk (you can use plant-based milk too)
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Flavorings you like (e.g., cinnamon, mint, lavender, or rose water)
- 1 dropper of 500mg Full Spectrum CBD Oil
- Place all the ingredients except CBD oil in a pot.
- Bring it to a simmer, occasionally whisking to break up any lumps.
- Once the mixture is smooth and cooked, take it off.
- Cool it down and add few drops of CBD oil.
3. CBD Choco Coco Fat Bombs
Dessert bombs are incredibly easy to make and require only a few ingredients. They're also simple, delicious recipes that anybody can handle. You can prepare delicious CBD chocolate coconut fat bombs in minutes with this easy yet wonderful recipe. It's also sugar-free and low-carb. It'll quickly become a favorite of yours.
- ½ cup coconut butter
- About 2 full droppers of CBD oil
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ cup raw cocoa powder
- Melt and liquefy the coconut oil on low heat. Mix cocoa powder in it such that lumps don’t form.
- Add the honey and mix again to combine it well.
- Pour this mixture evenly into the silicone muffin cups. Please put it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat and melt coconut butter in another pan, add CBD oil after removing it from the stove and mix well.
- Take out the silicone cups from the refrigerator and add this coconut butter mixture on the top of each silicon cup.
- Refrigerate it until it takes the solid form.
- A refrigerator is the best option to store these fat bombs.
➤ Savory CBD recipes
If you have diabetes or are not a fan of sweets, you may look for savory items. Here are a few CBD recipes that can help you add CBD to your savory food items.
4. CBD Infused Penne Rosa
Penne Rosa with CBD won’t only serve you with the therapeutic effects of CBD, but it also has a great nutritional value. So, let us take a look at how we can get this fantastic meal ready.
By: Medical Marijuana Inc.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 8 ounces sliced button mushrooms
- 2 chopped medium-sized tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 12 ounces cooked whole wheat penne
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 teaspoons of CBD oil liquid (or as per the requirement per serving)
- Heat olive oil on med-low heat and add garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook until garlic softens.
- Add tomatoes, mushroom, salt, and pepper. Cook until mushrooms release water.
- Add spinach and cook a bit. Add pasta sauce, remove the lid, and stir.
- Then mix CBD oil into Greek yogurt until the veggie mix cools. Add this oil mixture to the veggie mix. Add penne over it.
- Mix well, divide in a bowl, top with cheese and serve!
5. CBD Parmesan Mashed Potato
What about adding some CBD isolate powder to mashed potatoes? Well, that’s an incredible idea when it comes to CBD isolate recipes. Therefore, that’s what we’ll discuss now.
- 8 cups pre-boiled mashed potatoes
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp salt and pepper, each
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- 0.16g CBD isolate powder
- Mix the mashed potatoes with butter, parmesan cheese, cream, salt, pepper, and CBD isolate.
- Whip it until smooth.
- Put the potato puree into a casserole dish after making it non-sticky.
- Top the mashed potatoes with parmesan cheese and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cool them a bit before serving.
Some Quick and Easy CBD Recipes
CBD oil is versatile because you can use it in (more or less) any food if you know the correct dosage. Hence, CBD consumption through edibles does not always require you to spend hours making penne rosa or cookies. CBD oil recipes are boundless as you can just add CBD oil according to your requirements in your smoothie, cocktail, vape oil, whipped cream, and cookie bars. However, prefer adding it in some fat-based ingredient rather than adding directly in the constituents.
Tips for using CBD while Cooking
While cooking food with CBD oil, make sure that:
- You do not heat CBD oil directly.
- You mix CBD oil with other cooking oil to make absorption more effective.
- Your medication doesn't interact with CBD oil.
How do I store food having CBD oil?
The most usual questions include ‘how much CBD oil to use in recipes’ and ‘how to store them later.’ Remember that amount depends on your condition. You can start small and add it up gradually until it fits your particular needs.
However, when it comes to CBD food storage, always keep it away from light exposure to save essential cannabinoids. Exposure to air can also change its properties. Thus, you better keep it in a cool and dark place to maintain the best quality.
Once you get into cooking your food with a touch of CBD, there's no going back. It's a fun way to induce the perfect quantity of CBD in your body.
Once you have taken food with CBD oil, it eliminates the need to carry CBD bottles and vapes with you. Moreover, if you don't have any health issues but want to try CBD anyway, consuming CBD oil through these delicious meals is the way to go! These tasty treats can motivate you to use CBD regularly to address your specific ailments.